The Dog Eared Book is OPEN!!
- Per current NYS law, ALL customers must be wearing a mask!
- Upon entering the store, please use hand sanitizer and feel free to reapply as needed.
- We are limiting entry to the shop to 6 people at a time. IF our front door is locked, we are currently at capacity. We will allow you to enter as soon as possible. Please wait outside and abide by social distancing guidelines. If the weather in inclement and you wish to wait in your vehicle, call the shop (315-502-0181) so we know you are here. We will call you back once entry is permitted.
- Once in the store please keep 6ft away from people not in your party.
- Curbside pickup still available upon request.
450 E. Main St.
Palmyra, NY 14522
Tuesday – Friday
OPEN 10 AM to 6 PM
OPEN 10 am to 5 pm
Welcome to The Dog Eared Book!!
We are an independent bookstore with new, used, and rare books. We also have a great selection of literary gifts for all ages.
We have a curated selection of new books and a great selection of ½ price new books. What does a curated selection mean? It means we have a small store, so we only have room to stock the best of the best!
In addition to new books, we have over 8,000 used books in stock. We only carry used books in great condition and we have recent, popular titles for all ages and in all genres. Our welcoming store is set-up for effortless browsing. Our books are arranged by category and alphabetically by author – so it’s easy to find exactly what you are looking for!
Love old, collectible or rare books? We have a section of those too! We focus on antiquarian history, classics, classic children’s, and leather-bound.
Need help deciding what to choose? We have a staff picks area with favorite books and we love to talk about books! Tell us what you like to read and we will happily help choose your next book – whether for an adult or a child.
We are honored to have been voted the 2018 Best Bookstore in the Finger Lakes! Thank you so much for your support and patronage!