Do you have used books in great condition that you would like to sell?
We may want to buy them!
Box up your books and bring them to the store so we can take a look at what you have! Appointments are recommended as not everyone who works behind the counter is authorized to buy books!
What We Buy:
We are always in the market for contemporary fiction, nonfiction, and children’s books.
All books must be in very good condition – absolutely no broken spines, no missing pages, no water damage, and no odors – including cigarette smoke or pet odors.
What we ALWAYS want:
- Very recent nonfiction – published within the last 3 years.
- Books about history – especially World War II, Civil War and local history
- Recent Fiction – published within the last 3 years.
- Recent Young Adult books – published within the last 3 years.
- Harry Potter
- Popular children’s series such as Percy Jackson, Bad Kitty, Wimpy Kid, Magic Tree House and Dog Man. Classics such as C.S. Lewis, Frances Hodgson Burnett, and Kate DiCamillo. Newbury Winners.
- Picture books and board books in great condition
- Classic literature ( Everything from Austen to Wharton)
- Modern classic literature and philosophy ( Everything from Bukowski to Vonnegut)
- Graphic Novels
What we NEVER want:
- National Geographic Magazines
- Condensed Reader’s Digest Books
- Ex-library books.
- Anything published in the 1970’s, 1980’s, or 1990’s (except Franklin Library or Easton Press books) unless now considered a classic or a local history book.
- Books by Danielle Steel, John Grisham, Nora Roberts, or Stephenie Meyer unless published within the last 2 years. It’s not that we dislike these authors, they just don’t resell very well.
- Harlequin romance paperbacks. Again, we don’t have anything against these books, they just don’t do well on a secondary market.
- Travel, diet, or health books older than 6 months.
What we pay for used books:
- Maximum of $1.00 for adult hardcovers/trade paperbacks
- Maximum of 50 ¢ for children’s books
- Maximum of 50 ¢ for adult mass market paperbacks.
These prices may seem low, however, remember that I resell all these books for only $1.95 or $4.95. My landlord also really appreciates it when I pay my rent on time 🙂
Have really old books or collectible editions to sell?
We buy those too! Price is dependent on condition of the book and the title/author. Please make an appointment if you have old/collectible books you would like to sell!
Our inventory is constantly changing and our buying needs change with it. Your books may be beautiful, but I may not currently have a need for them. Please be prepared to take any books you brought in to sell back home with you if we do not purchase them. We will also be happy to suggest places to donate books if you don’t want to take them home!